Top 5 SEO Tips to Help your Site Rank
Search Engine Optimisation is indeed a dark art. Once upon a time, it was a case of jamming as many keywords and quality descriptions into a page, and waiting for the robots to index. Nowadays the whole process is much more protracted and ambiguous. For example, did you realise that the weighting between on-page (what you type into your website) and off-page (links from other places on the web) are now around 70%/30% split in favour of "off-page" optimisation! We have wracked our brains and ahve come up with a list fo 5 top tips for SEO:
1) Write for humans. Seems like a daft thing to say. The truth is that many "SEO" experts still insist on jamming pages wiht keywords. Newsflash! It is not half as effective as it used to be. Write your copy in an interesting and compelling way. Make people want to read it. It will get shared more and your site will ris ein the rankings (SER).
2) Keyword density is not proven one way or the other to work. Stop cramming keywords into your copy. If Google DOES rate the density - you can guarantee one thing - that is you won't be right. So lay off being too clever and concentrate on other areas.
3) Get you content out and syndicated. That's right, if you don't have followers - syndicate it yourself. by that I mean - tweet about it and FB it - add a link on Google Plus. All of these actions will get you noticed and push your business higher in the SER.
4) Speaking of Google Plus - it is here to stay - for the time being. Embrace it. Set up your Google Plus profiles and authorship profiles. you can guarantee that Google want you to use their service - and they will make it worth your while if you do.
5) Stick with the basics first and formost. Compelling title tags and snippets are key to getting noticed on the web.
Following these simple rules - will help get your website noticed on the web.